Under the layers of filth and contamination; which is in our ozone, the air we breath, the food we eat, the thoughts that flood our minds, and the cells inside our bodies; there is a pure and radiant being. Cleansing is the process of riding ourselves from the dirt that weighs us down, on a physical and emotional level. There are many ways to get closer to that light, true-self that is waiting in each and every one of us.
Detoxing/Cleansing is a great start to resetting our physical bodies back to a more natural state, so that the mind and heart can follow. Doing some kind of detox is the starting point for many health, weight loss, and rejuvenation programs. The “Cleanse” bandwagon has gone through many cycles of followers and critics. It’s so confusing with all the different information we receive (based on biased research), about what’s healthy and what’s not.
Cleanses received flack when people started to use them as a quick way to loose weight and solution to all the toxic food they eat in their every day lives. The purpose of cleansing is not to get rid of all the junk so that there is room for more; rather, it is meant to prepare the system for a permanent healthy way of living. Once you experience that close connection to that pure, radiant self, you will never want to go back!
So where do we start? I have experienced many ways of purifying, including the Master Cleanse, cleansing kits you buy at the health food store, self-initiated detoxes, a 30-day yoga challenge and even a four day Visions Fast. Whenever I cleanse, I make sure it is not just about the physical. The times it has been just about losing weight, have not been very successful. During a bodily cleanse, it is important to put intention into getting rid of emotional baggage, negative attachments and other things that weigh on our hearts, keeping us from being present and true. Here are some ideas/tips/recommendations for starting your own wholesome cleanse:
- Try a cleansing kit that uses herbal supplements and require dietary adjustments, such as Wild Rose (2 week, intensive, great results for getting rid of sugar addictions!), ReCleanse (1 week, more mild), or any other. Read a bit about it first to get an idea if it feels right for you.
- If you feel you just need a quick little reset, try setting aside two days in which you stop eating refined sugar or any processed food. Make smoothies for breakfast; eat raw fruits and veggies for snacks; cook with whole grains, organic meats, legumes, vegetables and healthy fats.
- Get a juicer! (I just got one and have been making my own juice out of fruit, ginger, carrots, celery, cucumber, etc) YUM!
- Incorporate naturally cleansing foods in your diet, such as chia seeds, aloe, asparagus, beats, wild fish, dark green veggies, green and herbal tea, and drink lots of water.
- Meditate, do yoga, sweat, bathe, get enough sleep, read books and do things that make you feel clean inside your mind and heart.
I can help you get started on a cleanse that’s right for you and give more suggestions on ways to connect with that pure and radiant light that is YOU!